Editor’s Note: For 2012 we’re starting something a little new, at least, new for Man Up Chicago. During most weekday mornings, we’ll feature a few links of things we like on the Internet. We’ll try to have a few national things and a few local things. A few things from independent sites, and a few things from mainstream media sites (that includes you Chicago Reader). We call our morning link roundup the Man Up Chicago Morning Glory.
- That was fast: Derrick Rose, already a starter in the NBA All-Star game? If Sam Smith says it’s true, then it must be so.
- GQ says this blue button down is the shirt of the season. We’re guessing it costs between $200 and $400, and like most shirts of the season, is not resistant to coffee stains.
- Breast day ever at the Elston Target: These ladies are totally milking the spotlight. We’re totally going to regret typing that. (video)
- Win a trip to Spain: So it offically snowed last night. Which means you officially want to get the hell out of Chicago soon, at least for a week. If you want to go to Spain, and play Rafael Nadal in a game of tennis (honestly, you don’t want to do the latter — because it’d be embarrassing — but you definitely want to go to Spain, even if your attempts to dance with Spanish women will also be embarrassing) check out the Ace Rafa game by Bacardi. Basically, you have to beat Nadal in a game of computerized tennis. The game play reminds us of Scottie Pippen’s Slam City. Except we paid $50 for that in the mid 90s. This game is free. And if you beat Rafa, you’re eligible to win a trip to Spain.
- Slate tells us how a “private-equity firm would refurbish the United States for quick resale to China.” We assume this would result in the USA becoming a massive Foxconn facility.