Now for guys that think a “European-style food and fashion market” is code for “sundress and cupcake expo,” we suggest you reconsider. Dose Market offers some great guy stuff. But don’t take our word for it. Take Jessica Herman’s. She is one of the founders of the market, and Jessica was kind enough to give us…
Five reasons guys can look forward to Dose Market:
1. “Pocket squares and ties with prints like shotguns and cutlery by Artfully Disheveled.”
2. “Rad vintage suitcases converted into functional boomboxes, courtesy of Gentleman’s Boombox.”
3. “Custom shirts by Apartment Number 9. One great shirt is really all you need.” (Editors note: unless that “great” shirt features a bunch of embroidery or artful stitching. You don’t need that one.)
4. “Vintage tees from Sofia.”
5. “Charcuterie by Old Town Social chef Jared Van Camp. Manly men like their cured meats.”
The Dose Market costs $10 to enter, $8 if you buy advanced tickets. We know, forking over money to enter markets and festivals isn’t exactly how you want to spend your cash. At least when you go into markets and festivals blind. Which is why we wanted Jessica to provide a few reasons to go to Dose. We find it much easier to pay the entrance fee when there’s a good chance something inside will catch our eye. So, ready to go to Dose Market? Here are the essentials:
- Time: 10am – 4pm.
- Date: Sun., June 5th.
- Place: River East Art Center, 435 E. Illinois St., rivereastartcenter.com.
- Website: DoseMarket.com.
Finally, if you want to hear Jessica talk about Dose a little more, check out her interview on WLUW’s radio show “Outside the Loop.” She’s the first interview, and for those interested in hearing an interview with Man Up Chicago, we’re featured at the end show. Yeah, the caboose. Better than a pump car, which is where we usually are.