Editor’s Note: For 2012 we’re starting something a little new, at least, new for Man Up Chicago. During most weekday mornings, we’ll feature a few links of things we like on the Internet. We’ll try to have a few national things and a few local things. A few things from independent sites, and a few things from mainstream media sites (that includes you Chicago Reader). We call our morning link roundup the Man Up Chicago Morning Glory.
Morning Glory for Jan. 17, 2012:
- Republican Debate Take 766: Politico discusses the eight takeaways from last night’s GOP debate in South Carolina. What, you didn’t know there was another Republican primary debate? Yeah, there was, and Rick Perry still hasn’t dropped out. He’s like Apollo Creed fighting Drago.
- Domestic Workwear is a fairly new Chicago clothing manufacturer that urges you to ditch the Dickies. Chicago Reader previews the company’s launch party, which is happening tomorrow night.
- Anyone who plans on doing research on Wikipedia should do it today. Tomorrow, you won’t find any information on the site. You’ll have to use, like, a physical enclyclopedia. Or just find another website with the information you’re looking for.
- Refinery 29 talks men’s ties at the Golden Globes. Specifically, the leading men who were wearing very affordable ties made by Chicagoland’s the Tie Bar.
- Better know a district! Or more precisely, better know a Chicago ward. The debate over the new Chicago ward map is starting to wind down. And no, this will not help you figure out if you’re in West Town, or Ukrainian Village or maybe even Wicker Park.